Should I Just SMASH My Kid’s Phone?
Author: Doug Fields & Jonathan McKee
Workbook Includes: SAMPLE PHONE CONTRACT, SOCIAL MEDIA DISCUSSION GUIDE, AND OTHER HELPFUL TOOLS FOR TODAY’S PARENTS
My Price: $14.99
Should I Just Smash My Kids Phone?
How to empower your kids to make good choices and develop responsibility… without losing your mind!
RESPONSIBILITY ISN’T GENETIC!
Today’s parents wonder, “Why isn’t my kid more responsible?” Or they’ll say, “I wish my child were better at decision making!” Unfortunately kids aren’t born with those skills… they’re waiting for their parents to be their primary teachers.
And that is no easy task! The job of a parent is extremely difficult… and yet so very important.
Today’s kids have so much power and freedom contained in the small phone they keep in their pocket… and they’re encountering distractions unlike any previous generation. In a culture where children are too old too soon, parents don’t want to overreact, but they are desperate for some realistic and fair guidelines. They’re asking:
- “Is it okay to check my daughter’s text messages?”
- “How long is too long for my son to spend on his social networking site each day?”
- “Can I change or adjust rules for each of my kids, depending on their personality and struggles?
- My daughter is nothing like my son!”
- “My 11-year-old wants a phone, and literally all her friends have one. Should I buy her one?”
Don’t worry… you’re not alone! Doug and Jonathan, both parents of teenagers, are here to help.
Dive into this extremely practical guide and learn how to…
- Teach your kids lasting values that shape their decisions.
- Empower your kids with age appropriate freedom while equipping them to make decisions on their own.
- Implement some fair and realistic “guardrails” keeping our kids from veering off course.
- Get your kids to come up with their own consequences to irresponsible behavior.